Friday, May 16, 2008

I'll play along with the charade

You know how you can get stickers for your Guitar Hero controller that make it look like Zakk Wylde's LP or something?

Don't you want that for your guitar?



Guitar Facelift will sell you a reusable vinyl overlay for your guitar. That one is either Rick Nielsen or Avril Lavigne, and I'll go with Rick for sanity sake.

(I suppose I should mention this interview with Rick on on the Hamer site.)

(I suppose I should also mention that I want Avril to want me. Even if she's like 4'9" or something.)

Since one of the main people behind this is a player for Status Quo, there's even pre-relic'd Status Quo overlays. If buying a factory-direct beaten-up guitar, or having some guy bash it with naphthalene, car keys and a random-orbital sander is dishonest, sticking a vinyl facade on it to make it look like it was bashed by some guy with naphthalene, car keys and a random-orbital sander is really fake.

I'm sure I've heard some Status Quo in my life, but for the life of me, I can't recall it.

No comments: